- Barrengarry Hideaway is powered by a 16 PV panel stand-alone solar system as well as a MPPT micro turbine hydro system which pushes both water and power to the property from a nearby spring/creek.
- Power is stored in a 48 volt battery bank, with a 6KVA diesel generator for emergency backup power.
- LPG is used for cooking appliances and for the hot water booster if required
- All electrical products used in the house are of the highest energy efficiency rating
- Low energy LED lighting has been used throughout the house and property, as well as timers and sensors for even more energy efficiency control